Visitors to this site:

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Ready, Set.......

Well, I spent today getting everything organized for our trip.  First was a trip to get my hair cut and to let our bank know we would be out of the area.  Our bank is good about watching where our debit cards are used and all we have to do is tell them where we are going and no problem.  It is a good fraud prevention service.

I also filled up the gas tank so we will be set to leave Thursday morning.  Then I spent the rest of the morning packing up my suitcases for the trip.  We have one suitcase for the clothes we will use on the road and another for the actual time in Red Bay.  The temps on the way there will be cold going from Vancouver, WA  to Alabama, so the wardrobes are really different.

Then I had my annual physical which went very well.  Tomorrow, the day before departure, I have to drive up to Renton, near Seattle.  I am the Coordinator for the committee that oversees high school football for the state of Washington and we have our spring meeting there tomorrow.  So that will account for that day for sure!

And of course, while I have been doing all this, Carol has been getting her things organized too.  That also included some last minute trips to Wal-Mart.  So far, all the packing seems to be going well for both of us.

I have been looking over notes of what to check on while our rig is being built.  It is so helpful to have all the forum posts from folks who basically did the same thing we are doing.

There may not be a post tomorrow as I may get back late.  We would like to leave around 9 or so Thursday morning and plan to drive about 580 miles in the car on the first day.  Fortunately, both Carol and I can drive the car, so it will be really a big help to have her take over if I get tired.

So stay tuned, the adventure begins in about 48 hours!



No comments: