Visitors to this site:

Saturday, April 14, 2018

Catching up - Day before Departue

OK, this post is long overdue.  Sorry about that, but everything became real hectic at the end.

Wednesday, May 11, was the day before our planned departure.  I had a meeting with the WOA (Washington Officials Association).  This is an entity of all school sports officials for the state of Washington.  I am the coordinator for the committee that runs the football officials.  I get to go around and observe the officiating crews at various games and give them feedback that helps make them better officials.  I also supervise 15 other observers who do this all over the state.  I even get on the field a few times a year to work games just to keep my hand in.

Overall, the WOA is really a well run organization, especially when you consider that they have a wide variety of folks to deal with.

Anyway, the football committee had its meeting up in Renton, WA on Wednesday.  So I got to drive a round trip 340 miles which got me in shape for all the upcoming driving.  

We (Carol & I) already had most of the packing done.  We had a staging area where items to go on the trip were placed.  Then when I got home from the meeting, I loaded them in our GMC Acadia's back space.

Then I went to sleep and rested for the big drive!

No comments: