Visitors to this site:

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Short Sleeves, Shorts, and Birdie

Yesterday we went for another long walk – about 75 minutes this time.  You can tell the weather is starting to warm up a bit. 

Today we are supposed to have hit 70 degrees!  Again, clear and sunny.  So I decided to wear a short sleeve golf shirt and shorts.  Once I got out into the sun, I knew I had made the right choice and as the day went on, it only got warmer!

So I played golf this morning.  There is a 9 hole course not far from here and on weekdays they only charge seniors $8 to play if you walk which I did.

My first three holes were all double bogies which isn’t good but since I haven’t had a club in my hand for over 3 months, I will use being rusty as my excuse.  After that I started doing better.  Had 3 pars and a birdie on the last hole.  On that hole, my tee shot was about 10 feet from the green and my chip shot went right into the hole which was about 40 feet away.  I had three other holes where I left the par putts an inch or two short of the cup but on line to go in.  More importantly, I didn’t lose any golf balls!

Guess this means I need to get to playing more often while we are down here!

We have been getting our hour or more of exercise each day while we have been here.  My golf takes about 2 hours so that is even more exercise for me.

1 comment:

Russ Krecklow said...

Dave, you gotta stop shooting at those poor little birds with those golf balls! Somebody will surely turn you in to the wildlife authorities, and then what are you gonna do? Happy to hear that you're enjoying that sunshine and warm weather. I have a t-shirt on too...under my shirt, under my coat!