Visitors to this site:

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Ever So Close

Today, I decided to play golf and went to the local par 3 course and walked 18 holes.  The longest hole here is about 180 yards so it is both a good challenge and a good walk, right next to the beach.

For the first 9 holes, I joined a twosome of Randy and Steve, both retired teachers.  My first shot was within a putter head of the hole!

IMG_20130131_125325_902

And no, I did not three putt it!  Always good to start off with a birdie.

For the back nine holes, I joined a retired missionary who is fighting cancer.  His name is also Dave and he has two more chemo sessions to go before a scan to see how he’s doing.  On the 17th hole, I did it again – another shot almost in the hole.

IMG_20130131_125311_916

Didn’t three putt that one either!

It was a nice and sunny day, temp slightly over 70 with little wind.  Overall the golf was great, the playing partners were all class acts, and the exercise was a bonus!

Tonight we went out to AJ Spurs for dinner.  They serve a great meal and it is one of our favorite places to eat here at Pismo.  It is pricey, so we don’t go there often, but it is well worth it!

2 comments:

Donna K said...

I looked and looked but I couldn't find any pictures of the little birdie you talked about. Oh well, I'm sure there are lots of beautiful birdies at the beach and maybe I'll get a chance to see them in person one of these days. The golf course looks very green! Too bad there are no picnic tables on that fine lawn.

Russ Krecklow said...

Close only counts in horse shoes, Dave, you know that! Good that you didn't three putt. I might have done that, being so excited to have my golf ball that close to the hole. Beautiful place to get exercise and to whip your game into shape. You'll be ready for Pebble Beach at this rate. You gonna play there again this year?