Visitors to this site:

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Cloudy Future

Yesterday Carol and I went for a 9+ mile bike ride in the morning under sunny skies.  Then after lunch, I went and played 9 holes of golf at the local municipal short course.  They only charge $8 for nine holes if you walk ($13 for 18) so it is a good deal.  I actually shot better this week than last (when I was so rusty!).

I was paired up with three guys from Fresno.  Turns out they are staying in the same RV park until early March.  Even better, one is located right across from us on the next street and the other two aren’t far away.  We may get together again and play more rounds at other courses.

Today dawned cloudy.  The forecast was for 20% chance of rain tonight and small chances for the next few days.  I have been working on some small computer consulting projects for a school district in Southern California.  I started working for them in 1974 and am still with them.  I mostly do trouble shooting and installation of applications that I have written over the years.

After lunch, Carol and I squeezed in a 35 minute walk.  She had gone shopping in the morning and did a lot of walking there so didn’t want to do another whole hour.  Plus I had to get back on my consulting so we cut it short.

While we were home a very strong gust of wind suddenly came up and really blew strong.  It only lasted for about 2 minutes and then there was no breeze at all.  I suspect a front came through here.

Lots of empty sites here now – maybe only a third or so full.  On weekends if the weather stays nice, it will fill in some, but the next holiday (President’s Day) it will fill back up again.

1 comment:

Russ Krecklow said...

So, your golf game is getting better and better. That means that I won't be able to even come close to you there, so it's an exercise in exercise for me when I golf.

That wind was probably a local test of those big fans they have to generate electricity.

So, does that mean we need to hurry up and get down there before President's Day, then?