Visitors to this site:

Monday, December 3, 2012

Not Disappointed at Cape Disappointment

Well, we were sad to leave for home today.  It was showery but I was lucky that I was able to do the outside disconnects of the utilities and connect the car and stayed pretty dry.  Seems the showers missed me for the most part.

Yesterday our cell phone extender quit working right as I was reading the newspaper online.  I think water may have finally gotten into the connections outside and maybe that is the problem.  I will work on that tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

The ride home was uneventful.  There were weather warnings for high winds but we must have beat them home.  The forecast was for 30mph winds with gusts to 45.  But since I averaged 50mph, maybe I outraced the wind?  (Maybe that is a good name for our RV – “Windracer” ) Smile

One sad note at the park.  The official Cape Disappointment camp store is no longer.  We saw them emptying it out on Friday and noticed a big banner over the door saying “Going out of Business Sale.”  They were a good source of souvenirs from the park and they will be missed.  I’m thinking it was a concessionaire run store that just could not survive in the economy.  It will be missed.

Anyway, we are home now for 10 days prior to the annual migration south.  We won’t be back to this park for at least 4 months.  But I know we will be back for sure.

Here is a picture of the surf from our walk on Sunday afternoon.

2012-12-02 14.19.00

3 comments:

Carol K said...

It takes more than cold, wind, and rain for us to have a bad time at the beach. It's never a disappointment for us when we go to Cape Disappointment!

Beverly Keller said...

I was the manager of the store and it closed because the state wanted to put in a food service/cafe there instead when the contract ended and put it out to bid. Our company did not want to change it and lost the bid. There is now a pizza place there. I appreciate that you miss the store. I miss working there.

Beverly Keller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.