Visitors to this site:

Friday, May 25, 2012

Fore!!!!

First to catch you up on our events related to our motor home.  10 days ago we took a quick trip to Cape Disappointment to try out a new cell phone signal booster.  I have been working with a store to find one that will work at this campground and so we made the trip down to test it out.

Well, it didn’t work for us at all.  I was able to get 3-4 bars of signal but I could do nothing with it.  No calls, no data, no nothing.  So the trip was a waste in that regard.  Took the unit back for a full refund.  But we did have great weather for the time we were there (2 nights), so that was a real plus.

Yesterday, we came down to Mallard Creek RV Resort and golf course just east of Lebanon, OR.  We usually come here once a year so that I can play the championship course.  Usually some friends come down and we have a great time.

Well today Phil and Eric, both excellent golfers joined me for a round.  They are a team playing in many tournaments earning points and awards towards prizes. Tomorrow they are in a major tournament and wanted to get in a practice round.  Eric shot a 72 and Phil a 74 – that’s how good they are.

Meanwhile I usually shoot somewhere in the 90s, but today  I was really smoking out there.  7 pars and 2 birdies with a 40 on the front 9!  I ended up with an 85, a really great score for me.  Usually when I am here though, my rounds oscillate back and forth from good to bad and bad to good.

Tomorrow my friend Doug and a friend of his are coming down to play – we will see if I can continue the great play!

Last night we ate at the KFC in Lebanon.  This is a regular stop for us each year as they have a buffet that is all you can eat plus drink for $6.99 for seniors.  We rarely eat KFC except for here, so it was a nice treat.

Yesterday we had on and off showers all day.  Today it was cloudy in the morning and then partly sunny this afternoon.  Now that the sun has set, the clouds have returned with thunderstorms and there are periods of heavy rain, lightening, and thunder.  Hopefully all will be dry tomorrow.

3 comments:

Russ Krecklow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Russ Krecklow said...

When I golfed I always felt good if my score was better than my bowling average!

Donna K said...

Glad you are having a good time despite the rain. It always seem to rain on Memorial Day Weekend - maybe we'll get some sunshine today.