Visitors to this site:

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Links at Spanish Bay

My three friends from Vancouver joined me today to play golf at the Links at Spanish Bay.  John, Phil, and Doug are fellow football referees and drove down to play three rounds here in the Monterey area.

We had a great day and some good shots.  This is a beautiful course and it was in great condition.  The weather was great with an onshore breeze to make it interesting.  This is a links course which means that the fairways follow the natural terrain and the greens are full of mounds and rolls which makes them a real challenge to read.  I ended up shooting a 94 which included 4 pars and one birdie.  I had a good shot at another birdie too.

One hole I landed slightly off the green higher than the hole.  The cup was placed on a small shelf just in front of the green  So if I hit the ball ever so slightly toward the flag, it would have taken off and probably gone down the hill in front of the green.  So I hit it softly about 90 degrees away from the hole hoping it would stop on the same shelf the hole was on.  Well, it started out to the right, started curving and went a distance of about 60 feet all together and went right in the hole.  My friends were duly impressed!

Tomorrow we play Pebble Beach so expect more great pics then.

Here are some great scenes from the course which is the nicest I have ever played.  (I expect to say that again about tomorrow’s course too!)

PIC_1111PIC_1114PIC_1116PIC_1120PIC_1122PIC_1120PIC_1123PIC_1124PIC_1126PIC_1128PIC_1129PIC_1130PIC_1133

1 comment:

Russ Krecklow said...

Very impressive, both the course and your play! Looking forward to more.