Visitors to this site:

Friday, August 12, 2011

On the Road Again……

Yesterday we left our home base in Vancouver, WA and headed up to Bothell to visit our son, Jonathan.  He will be the best man in a wedding we are going to on Saturday so it gave us a good chance to see him.  We went out to dinner at Applebee’s and had a chance to ride in his new car.

2011-08-11 19.11.48

The car is a 2005 Audi, 6 speed stick shift.  It rides really nice and is in superb condition.

Today, I went to the hardware store in Woodinville (right next to Bothell) and got some screws to fix a towel rack and a seat edge molding.  On the way, I came across this chicken…..

2011-08-12 09.46.30

My friend Tom has started growing chickens, but I don’t think his are this big yet!

Then this morning we drove up to Hidden Village RV Park, about 8 miles or so north of Bellingham.  The wedding tomorrow is about 9 miles east of here so it should be a great location.

We will stay here until Sunday and then I’m not sure exactly where we will be going.  I know we will stop somewhere, possibly at Hoquiam, but we haven’t made a final decision.  That’s because Thursday morning around 7am we had a power failure at home that lasted about 30 minutes or so.  But during that failure, something happened to my video card on my desktop system and it no longer works.  So fixing that awaits me when we return.

2 comments:

Sue and Doug said...

that is a mighty big chicken!!!..wonder what size eggs it lays?..extra large maybe?

Donna K said...

Sue... at least Jumbo!!

That chicken needs to go down to Klamath, CA and see Paul Bunyan. He's got his axe all sharpened!!

Hope you get your computer problem fixed.