Visitors to this site:

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Great Friends, Lousy Golf

Well, this is another version of the “I’ve got good news and bad news…..”

First the bad then…..I played a real lousy round of golf today.  I couldn’t hit an iron at all and wasted many shots.  Only lost 2 golf balls, but it felt like 20.  To make matters worse, I took the maximum score (double whatever par is) on three holes.  It was so bad, I didn’t even bother totaling it up.  My score sheet didn’t go for 4 digits.  I had 3 rather short putts for birdie and didn’t even make one of them.  Yuk.

Now the good…..How many ways can you say “great friends!?”  While we were all challenged on the course (let’s agree none of us set any records – Phil and Tiger have no threat from us), it was really great having John and Rick drive down for the day.  It didn’t rain on us until midway through the last hole and we really got under cover before it amounted to much.  Even though we were all challenged and frustrated at one point or another, we had a great outing and really enjoyed each other’s company.  From my perspective, having two classy friends to golf with really made my day!

It now looks like it could really pour any minute now.  It was supposed to be between 60 and 80% chance of rain, but we were lucky today.

Of course, we three are all ready to go play again.  Anytime, Anywhere.  I think that is the definition of a golf nut for sure!

No comments: