Visitors to this site:

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Wet, Windy & Wild

We arrived here at Cape Disappointment at about 4pm yesterday.  Uneventful trip from home with mostly good driving conditions and we did drive through some rain showers.  Just enough to get the RV and toad nice and dirty with road grime.

Normally, when we come here, we get a site that has very marginal cell signal.  Then I can use my cell booster and get enough signal to access the net, read emails, browse, etc.  This site however has very weak signal and my booster can’t do much with it.  I have an extremely slow connection.  So I won’t be posting any pictures from the site.  If we go into town, I may be able to post pics then.

Last night was really stormy during the early hours.  Strong winds and heavy rains were the norm.  This morning the winds have abated and the rain is light, if at all.  Hope it stays that way.

We went for a walk last night and campsite #4 nearest the ocean was closed.  It looked like it had been washed out a bit.  Also there were large pieces of driftwood all about the ocean site campsites.  I wonder if they came from the tsunami?

I’ll have to ask a ranger and let you know!

4 comments:

I.M. Vayne said...

Ain't nothin' wrong with bein' a little disappointmented when yer at a place called Cape Dissapointment. I'd hate two think what you would be rightin' on yer blog if were called Cape Goodcellsignal.

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

Don't like it when rain messes up my clean RV & toad! Will be interesting to hear if the tsunami brought in the driftwood. Be safe in your travels!

Gail Durham said...

Sound cold and yucky. Stay warm and safe.

Donna K said...

Yes, do let us know if it was tsunami action that caused the damage. Hope you and Carol have a great time and don't get too wet!