Visitors to this site:

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Surfs Up!

Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes!  We had a storm come through last night with periods of rain and gusts of wind.  It was strong enough to blow our bikes over.  Carol worried about the awning so she put that away. (Electric awnings are great!).  There was a severe weather alert for waves of 14-16 feet!  If I were a surfer, I guess I’d go out and ride them!

surfer

Yesterday we took a drive up See Canyon Road.  It is a windy road through the back hills of the area.  It is narrow, one lane in places, and is a dirt road for about 1-2 miles.  But it takes you through some apple orchards and then up to the top of one of the highest hills in the area for a great view.  It was a nice drive and afterwards we went to McDonalds so that Carol could try out her nook using their free wifi.  (worked great).

Before I forget, I wanted to add a note to a previous post.  On Monday we went over to AAA to get maps of the local area.  The AAA office is in San Luis Obispo and I used my GPS on my droid phone to navigate there.  This was an interesting experience.  There is a voice that warns you what to do:  “proceed north on highway 101 for 9 miles.” “Take exit 200A at Los Osos Road.”  “Take exit 200A in 800 feet.”  Etc.  Carol doesn’t like the voice at all.  I think it is because she thinks she is the only woman who should be telling me where to go! <g>

Anyway, the GPS application has some strange pronunciations.  For example, the street “Calle Joaquin” it pronounced “Kale Jockin.”  Very weird!

The sky is clearing a bit now and the wind & rain have abated.  Looks like we have some hours of good weather for awhile.  However rain is supposed to increase over the next few days.  All part of God’s plan to transition us to our weather at home (It snowed there today!)

3 comments:

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

"Cowabunga, dudes and dudettes" -- you make me laugh.

Marilyn

Sue and Doug said...

We tell 'LOLA' to shut up every now and then!!

I.M. Vayne said...

Thanks for the laugh. I tell I.M. not to blame me when the GPS leads us astray, it's that British lady he insists having guide us. I sometimes think she's only familiar with the roads that were built before we won our independence back in the late 1700's.
Nilda Vayne