Visitors to this site:

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Home at Last

We arrived home yesterday afternoon right at lunch time and it has been a whirlwind here ever since!  First, of course, we had to get the house back up and running (water, heat, water heater, etcl.) and then begin the huge task of unloading the RV.  After a 6-7 week trip, there was a lot to unload!

It is going in for some service tomorrow on the refrigerator so we had to empty that too.  Then we went out to dinner with our older son and his wife to celebrate her upcoming birthday.  She also received all our mail while we were gone, so she brought that along.

This morning I got a haircut and then made some trips to the bank.  After that, I spent several hours wading through the mail and processing the bills for everything.

After lunch I did a workout on our treadmill.  Also started researching getting some stumps removed.  We had large evergreen bushes growing alongside where we park the RV and I had them cut down while we were gone.  Now I wanted the 7 stumps removed so I can level the area and put down some gravel. 

In doing my research via the yellow pages, one of the guys gave a decent price and will do it tomorrow morning.  So I had to scurry around and remove the bark chips from where the trees were so I can use it elsewhere.

Now I am finally done with all tasks and, as it is almost 4pm, I’m going to relax for the rest of the day.

Probably won’t update too often except as RV related items occur – maybe once every 3-5 days or so.  That is, until the next trip.

3 comments:

John and Ellen said...

Understand all of the activity arriving home. After our last trip home to NY, we have determined it’s much easier just to live in the motorhome.

John
relaxedrush.blogspot.com

Alan and Marilyn McMillan said...

Become a full-timer and you won't have to worry about loading/unloading your MH:)

Russ Krecklow said...

So happy you made it home o.k.
We pick up our new rig tomorrow morning, and we are soooo excited.
We've heard there is snow in Eugene, so we will have to take it easy on the way home, and hope it all goes away! Take care.