Visitors to this site:

Monday, July 5, 2010

Lousy, Better, Best

Played 27 holes of golf today at Mallard Creek.  Front 9, which are the easier holes on the course, I played really lousy at 50.  Drives were really good, but couldn’t put or get out of bunkers to save my life.    Ended up with a 50 which is pathetic!

Second nine (back nine) was better.  Two pars and only one double for a 44.  I actually had some really good shots, but still could not get out of the bunker.

Then played the front nine again.  This time was much better.  4 pars and only 1 double bogey for a 42.  And yes, I even got out of a bunker!

If you count the first two nines, I had a 94.  But if you count the last two nines, I improved to a 86.  Much much better.  And I started getting some putts to fall which helped.

We decided to stay one more day here at the RV park. We are going to drive tomorrow down to the coast in the car and maybe do a few geocaches there too.  Should be good weather for the drive.  Then we will go home Wednesday morning arriving home in enough time to get ready for our son Jonathan to come home for a brief visit.

He is about to start the state patrol academy in mid July, so will be coming home to pick up our mini-van so he can move his stuff back home into the shop for storage.  He will be with us for a week or so before leaving for 26 weeks at the academy.

No comments: